5 Things to Love About Dayton
In case you didn’t know, we recently opened up a brand new inventory in Dayton. We’re really excited about it, too! In honor of this, I thought I’d give a little background on why we chose this fantastic Ohio city. Yes, the market there is growing and investment opportunities abound, but there’s more to it than this. Dayton is actually a super cool place! Here are 5 reasons you (and your tenants) will love it:
- The Oregon Historic District. As one of the oldest areas in Dayton, the Oregon Historic District is a charming neighborhood just south of downtown. The 12 square block area features tree-lined brick streets and turn-of-the-century (and older!) homes and businesses, where families and shop owners have come together to create a beautiful and thriving place right in the heart of the city. It’s easy to spend a day here, wandering around and enjoying the architecture and shops, or dining at one of the restaurants or cafes.
- National Museum of the United States Air Force. Whether you’re an aviation buff or not, the NMUSAF will leave you in awe. This museum houses ones of the world’s largest collections of aircraft and is one of Ohio’s top tourist attractions. Artifacts include historically and technologically significant aircraft and missiles, presidential aircraft, and military uniforms. An IMAX theater is also on-site that shows aviation and space-themed documentaries.
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. Listen up, parents. If you’re looking for a fun adventure with the kids in Dayton, head to the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. Part children’s museum, part science center, part zoo, this place is both fun and educational for kids and adults alike. There are permanent exhibits like the Mead Tree House and Nesiur the Mummy, as well as special events and daily hands-on science experiments and other fun activities.
- Dayton Dragons Baseball. Dayton may not have a major league baseball team, but they are home to the Dayton Dragons, which has been voted by Sports Illustrated as one of the hottest sports events to attend. No, I’m not kidding. The Dragons have sold out a record 815 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for sellouts across all professional sports. It’s no wonder tickets to a Dragons game are so hot, when the stadium is one of the most festive and high energy places to be in the city.
- Hocking Hills State Park. Okay, so it’s not actually in Dayton, but it’s only a couple hours drive away! And it’s completely worth it, because at Hocking Hills State Park you’ll find some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the U.S. Impressive rock formations, waterfalls, caves and gorges make this park perfect for exploring some of Ohio’s most stunning natural wonders.
See? I told you Dayton was a really cool city! Now that you know about some of the things to do here, what are you waiting for? This market is hot and only going to get hotter as more and more people realize the hidden gem that is Dayton.