Dayton, OH is Primed for Investment Opportunity
For most people, Dayton, Ohio appears to be nothing more than a dot on the map…a medium-sized city in the Midwest that doesn’t have a lot to offer.
Guess what? This is couldn’t be further from the truth. Dayton may not be a huge metropolis like New York or LA, but it does have a lot going for it, especially for real estate investors. Consider these stats:
- The Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area, or MSA, has about 800,000 people.
- Warren County (in the Dayton MSA) is the 3rd fastest growing county in the state.
- In 2016, the Dayton housing market was ranked healthiest in the nation.
- The cost of living is 12% lower than the national average.
- 2016 saw the biggest growth in jobs since the late 1990s, and the unemployment rate is at its lowest since 2007.
- There’s a diverse range of employers, with the biggest growth in the manufacturing sector. Logistics/transportation and healthcare also saw increased opportunities for workers.
- Cincinnati’s northern sprawl has the potential to soon combine with the Dayton MSA, generating even more opportunities for Dayton residents.
- Lots of colleges and universities in the area.
- Downtown Dayton is currently undergoing revitalization efforts that are boosting residential units and bringing in new storefronts that are attracting businesses and people.
So what does this mean for investors? It means opportunity that is growing exponentially every single day. The median home price in Dayton is $104,000, making it an affordable choice for buy-and-hold investors. In line with the national average, more than a third of the population is looking to rent, and the median gross rental rate stands at about $750/month.
What does it all mean? It means that Dayton has affordable properties available for investment, and a large rental pool ready to sign a lease.
There’s something else that makes Dayton an attractive option, too. It’s kind of an investment secret. Cities like Orlando and Atlanta are hotbeds of activity right now, but Dayton’s been flying under the radar. For savvy investors who understand market trends and know the signs of an emerging powerhouse, this is good news. Dayton is poised for growth, which makes it a prime location for investors ready for monthly cashflow.
Don’t wait to act. USREEB has already broken into this rapidly growing market, and with our help, you can too. Our Dayton investment properties are rehabbed, tenanted, and ready for investment. Whether you live in Dayton or Daytona, this Ohio city is so much more than just a dot on the map – it’s a one-way ticket to payday for real estate investors.