Tips for Great Photographs of Your Real Estate Investment Property
Marketing and advertising are two of the most important aspects of successful real estate ownership. Whether you need to rent units in a large building, fill an office space with a long term tenant, or find the right fit for your single-family house, engaging potential prospects and current occupants is essential. One of the best ways to do this is to highlight your property’s best features with great photographs. Here are our top tips:
- Hire a Professional Photographer! There are many tasks that you can successfully DIY around your property, from cutting the grass to repainting a few walls. But photography is both a science and an art, and for best results, it is important to hire a pro. They understand lighting, creating optimal visual impact, and composing photos to show off the property/unit’s features both realistic and favorably.
- Try video as well. Video is compelling, and it is incredibly shareable. You can post effectively on social media, for example, and expand your reach. Video allows you to give potential tenants a glimpse into the layout of the home and how all the features come together.
- Shoot when the unit(s) is unoccupied. Even neat tenants have belongings that can distract prospects from the features of the unit. It’s best if they can see it as a relatively blank canvas so they can envision themselves living there.
- Get rooms camera-ready! Show your spaces in the best light possible. Remove items from the counters (even soaps, sponges, etc.) and from the door and top of the refrigerator. Set the kitchen or dining room table with nice dishes and a centerpiece (a simple flower arrangement or fruit bowl is great!), hide toiletries in the bathroom, clean glass surfaces, sweep and mop all floors, hang new towels in the bathroom, and add a plant or two for “pop.”
- Time your photos. Your professional photographer can help with this: dusk is a great time to shoot, and cloudy days are often even better than when the sun’s shining beautifully. Doing so will also help you show off any natural light your unit gets. This is a terrific selling point for many prospective tenants.
If you work with a great property manager, they can often help you deal with the marketing and advertising aspects of your investment. Let us know how we can assist you!
For more tips for great photographs of your real estate investment property and to Learn more about turn key investments here!